Tuesday 21 October 2014

Magazine Work In Progress

First I've done something research on magazine cover and layout through Pinterest, then choose one of them to start of.


Then I took some pictures of a person and to make sure that the posture and facial expression are as similar as possible.
In InDesign, I typed all the texts on the magazine front cover, also to adjust it to the right font size and change the font colour.

As all the texts are typed up, I then insert the wanted picture and place it on the template to finish off the magazine cover.

After doing the magazine cover, I then start onto the double page content. First I insert a photo in Photoshop and do some editing, because there are some white rectangle boxes with a see-through letter in the original magazine, so i used the horizontal type mask tool to do the same thing to make the spread page look identical. 



Then back onto InDesign, i insert the psd file in there and to transform it into the right size to fit in the page. 

For the other page, I inserted the text but there is a black box with a capital letter 'D' in it, so I used Photoshop to create it.
First I coloured the background into black, then I added a text box to insert the capital letter D with the correct white colour font in. 

After that, I inserted the black box that I just made in Photoshop into InDesign. As the black box needs to go into the paragraph, I used Text Wrap to adjust the black box in the right position. And I finished the magazine cover and double spread page. 




No comments:

Post a Comment